Saturday, January 31, 2015

Week Four


 

This week was an interesting one and I cannot believe that we are nearly halfway through.  This entire course thus far has changed my perspective of things at work.  At times I catch myself thinking things like “Yes, my manager right now is really showing true leadership” and at other times, I commend myself for going the extra mile for customers using my personal and the company’s “values.” 

During this week, we discussed company’s purpose values and operating principles.  I could not imagine working for a company that had different values and visions as I do.  Working for a company where you have to memorize their values on a daily in order to successfully complete your work would be a difficult task.  Whereas working here at Comcast, our main goal is to provide exceptional services.  In doing so we have to be punctual, polite and all around willing to help.  This is easy for me because even outside of work I live by these same values.  The monthly training sessions held by the general manager help us all with a shared vison.  These meeting are very interesting and discussing the forthcoming products really excites me.  I find myself eager to go out in the field to install and explain these new features.  Ultimately, I enjoy my job and I enjoy putting smiles on people’s face by providing them with services.

We also had to choose a leadership model and write an essay about it, I chose the servant leadership model.  During my research I was about to find some interesting things for example companies that makes use of the leadership approach and some famous leaders like Dr Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and so on.  These people believe in putting the needs of their followers before theirs. I find out that not many organizations make use of the followers first approach they rather use the dictatorship approach because they think it is more effective.  I personally think the servant first approach is very effective than the leader first approach because you can learn more about your followers and you can help them grow to become their own leader.

1 comment:

  1. Lateef:

    As you learn more about leadership models, you will find yourself observing people and work and determining if they are leading and why type of leaders they are. It can be educational -- and fun!

    ReplyDelete